Erika Malm Cooley, L.C.S.W. LCS 077332
- Clinical Director, Erika Cooley Therapy
- Private Practice in New York and Los Angeles since 2005
- Associate Clinical Director, Columbus Park Collaborative. Supervised staff clinicians, oversaw treatment plans for adult and adolescent patients, provided individual, group and family therapy.
- Co-Founder, WiseMind DBT. Dialectical Behavioral Skills Groups for patients with eating disorders in New York and Los Angeles.
- Attending Therapist, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital Adult Eating Disorders Program. Provided individual, group and family therapy for adults with eating and co-occurring disorders.
- Staff Clinician, UCLA Adult Inpatient Unit. Provided individual and family therapy and education to patients with severe mental illness.
- Staff Therapist, Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy. Provided long-term individual psychotherapy for adolescents, college students and adults.
- Staff Therapist, Blanton-Peale Institute. Provided short-term individual and couples therapy for adults.
- Deputy Director, Project Renewal-Tides Center. Developed a stress-reduction program for New York City public school teachers, ran yoga/stress reduction program, and trained teachers in stress reduction strategies for K-12 students.
- Social Work Intern, St. Vincent's Hospital World Trade Center Healing Services. Provided individual and group trauma treatment to adolescents.
- Acu-Detox Specialist, St. Vincent's World Trade Center Healing Services. Provided auricular acupuncture for the treatment of substance abuse, trauma and stress.
- Senior Program Associate, The Aspen Institute.
- Researched and wrote publications on poverty alleviation methods in the United States.
- Developed and launched MicroMentor.org, an online mentoring program that connects small business owners with business mentors. Mission statement: “To help small businesses grow faster, generate more revenue, and employ more people.”
- Year-long Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills training with Dr. Emily Lefkowitz at UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital Adult Eating Disorders Program.
- Trained inChristopher Fairburn's CBT for eating disorders and other CBT modalities, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital Adult Eating Disorders Program.
- Two-year postgraduate program in psychodynamic psychotherapy, Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy.
- One-year postgraduate program in sensorimotor psychotherapy for the treatment of trauma, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute.
- Master of Social Work, Smith College School for Social Work.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Wesleyan University.
- Registered Yoga Teacher, Laughing Lotus NYC.
- Certified Acu-Detox Specialist, National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA).
- Cooley, E. M. (2008, October) “RE: Late Bloomers” [Letter to the editor]. The New Yorker.
- Malm, E. (2007, March). The Effects of Yoga on Perceived Stress and Coping Among New York City School Staff. Presentedat Body, Mind and Spirit: Innovations in Research, Practice and Pedagogy Conference, sponsored by Harvard Divinity School, Lesley University, and Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology, Cambridge, MA
- Malm, E. (2003, March). The Informal Economy and Microenterprise in the United States. Published by The Aspen Institute, Washington, DC.