Depression & Relief
We all suffer from occasional bouts of sadness. But with depression, the sadness lasts for much longer, and feelings of hopelessness and despair interfere with your daily functioning. Depression stems from a combination of biological, psychological, social, and environmental causes, and the combination of these factors differs from person to person.
Our therapists will work with you to develop a treatment plan tailored to your needs and objectives. Relief is very possible! We are trained in a variety of treatment modalities that have been scientifically validated for depression, including psychodynamic psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and mindfulness meditation. In some cases, couples or family therapy may also be recommended in order to help your loved ones understand depression and learn healthy, constructive, and effective ways to support you.
Our therapists work with each client to outline the most comprehensive and customized approach to treating depression, including:
- Exploring and identifying factors that may contribute to depression
- Setting realistic goals to enhance emotional wellbeing
- Identifying negative or disordered thought patterns
- Developing healthy relationships and social support
- Strengthening coping strategies and stress-management techniques
- Providing concrete tools to prevent worsening of symptoms or relapse